A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Restaurant

So, do you remember when I arrived at the airport in May only to discover that my driver's license was expired? Well, it was a source of seemingly endless teasing from David while we were in Puerto Rico.

However, seems his karma has bit him in the ass, so to speak: we went out to eat on Saturday night with friends, and when David tried to order a beer, the waitress scrutinized his ID. Apparently it had expired on his birthday, a mere 8 days prior to this outing. Technically, she was not supposed to serve him, but I guess that he at least looked over 21, so he was off the hook with a warning, and an impending trip to the DC DMV.

Comments

dl004d said…
Perhaps I was lulled into not worrying about my own expiration date by your ability to fly roundtrip without an ID.

Popular Posts