I've Had the Time of My Life



In either 1986 or 1987 I got my first real watch--it was a Swatch with a green face that had a black lace overlay design, and a clear purple plastic band that smelled good. It was so cool. I quickly became infatuated with Swatches and had several others before my highschool boyfriend upgraded me to a more adult watch from Eddie Bauer.

With a need for a plastic watch to wear at work, I decided to venture back to my Swatch-wearing roots. As David & I walked into the Swatch store in Union Station, it was fitting that the music playing was "I've Had The Time Of My Life," by someone or other from the 1980s movie Dirty Dancing.

The thought occured to me after my purchase: Am I too old for a hot pink watch?
Posted by Picasa

Comments

mom/Kris said…
I love the new swatch. Of course I do remember the very first one very well too, hmmmmm.....I wonder why?
jwl said…
Your patients will love it!!

Popular Posts