Incognito?

For most of my life I had an unusual last name--the kind that no one knew how to pronounce, but once you did, you wouldn't forget it. Some of my friends in high school liked to call me by my whole name just so they could say my last name.

Who cares, you ask? Well, my father is a well-respected doctor in my hometown, making it hard to live inconspicuously.

When I got married 2 years ago, I took my husband's name. My husband's parents are well-known university professors and researchers in their respective fields, and until yesterday I had not truly appreciated that fact. One of the classes that I am taking is directly related to the research that my father-in-law does.

It turns out my new name is not nearly as inconspicuous as I had hoped. :)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi! I am checking out this blog after getting a nice e-mail link today, and thought I'd leave my first blog comment ever to note that I'm acutely aware of that fact that.
1. Marnie's dad is a fabulous doctor
2. David's parents are academic superstars
You are like Madison royalty!
Is this a suitable blog comment from a novice?
dl004d said…
Madison royalty, eh? Maybe this means we can get better seats at the basketball games. :)

Popular Posts