Fugees in the House

Since I have started driving to work, I have been forced to listen to the crappy, crappy stations that DC radio offers its listeners. Our car has a tape-deck but no CD player, so I dug out all my old mix-tapes from college. I put one in last week that I made my senior year of college (circa 1997), and discovered that it has 2 songs that I have no recollection of at all. Not in the slightest.

Evidently, these 2 songs were among the ones I most enjoyed listening at the time. Yet 10 years later, I don't even remember them!

Also of note is that in 1997 I did not like rap, and one of the mystery songs is a rap song.1


1When I moved in with David, he taught me to appreciate the art of rap, which included teaching me that many rap songs start out by identifying the artist. As I drove home the other night, the rap song on the mix popped up, and I finally listened hard enough to hear the rappers identify themselves as the Fugees.

Comments

Josh said…
Interesting note from dl004d. I mean, is this because so many hip-hop discs are boot-legged that the artists need to confirm to fans to whom they are listening?

"Hey, you're listening to Hall & Oats."
Anonymous said…
Josh, as such a huge fan of theirs, you really should know it's Hall & Oates.
Anonymous said…
Have you figured out what the two songs were? Maybe I can name that tune...
Grand Marnier said…
I figured out the first song (its from one of the Lilith Fair compilations), but I still don't know what the Fugees song is. I am not even sure who owned the Fugees album that I would have used to copy the song from!

Popular Posts