Martian Death Flu Redux

Three and a half years ago David got the flu, which then turned into pneumonia. At the time, he nicknamed his sickness the "Martian Death Flu."

Two weeks ago (and promptly after receiving the flu vaccine I might add) I got sick. Sick with terrible body aches, a cough, and a fever that would not leave me for five days. FIVE days! I missed four days of classes, one clinical rotation, and actually went to my doctor in search of something to help. Her diagnosis: bronchitis. After ten days of antibiotics and some serious cough medicine laced with Vicodin, I am definitely on the mend, but still don't feel totally normal.

And now David is in bed with a fever and body aches.

Damn the Martian Death Flu.

Comments

Anonymous said…
For the record, it was a "regular" flu that became pneumonia in 2003. I contracted the Martian Death Flu over New Years 2000/2001. And I first heard the term from Eric.

Side note: The only good thing out of catching bacterial pneumonia was that I learned how to spell it. One other good thing was that Marnie learned who Fran Tarkington is, although it didn't seem all that important to me at the time.
When you said "David" and "Martian Death Flu" (I Googled the phrase and found your blog) I got the impression you were related to Dave Barry, the humor columnist where I first heard the phrase from.

Popular Posts