Old Man Winter


Since moving to the Mid-Atlantic region eight years ago, I have realized that I do miss Wisconsin winters. Not the bitter cold, but the snow.

I miss the muffled silence of of the world in a snow storm; the way the moon and stars reflect off the tiny crystallized flakes on a cold, clear night; the monotone color of the world when everything is in shades of bark-brown or white; the way that trees and bushes bend under the weight of snow; and how your eyes hurt on from the blinding brightness on a sunny day.

Let it snow!

Comments

Anonymous said…
landscape? I think "world" works fine.
SKBK said…
I miss snow out here in the PNW, too. I'm not having as bad withdrawal a I usually do--we've actually had a fair amount of snow in Seattle this year, and Madison was stunning over Christmas--but it's never enough for me!
Josh said…
DC in the snow is the greatest. I wish it snowed more often here.
dl004d said…
The snow in Madison wasn't enough? It's on pace to break the all-time record (76 inches from December through February)!
Anonymous said…
I, um, am having the opposite problem, but every time I talk about it I get flamed.

Popular Posts