My Two Year Anniversary

One of the secrets about living in DC is that you have to report for jury duty about every two years (there is such a small jury pool, and such a demand for jurors that necessitates this action).

Not only have I reported for jury duty twice, but twice I have served as a juror at the DC Superior Court in the 7 years that I have lived in DC.

Yesterday, I received a letter from the US District Court for the District of Columbia stating that I had been chosen for jury service there. Unfortunately, unlike the Superior Court where jury service equals one day or one trial, the US District Court makes you call in every day for two weeks. Unlucky for me, those two weeks fall in May right during finals and graduation. Let's hope the US District Court administrator takes pity on my letter to them and grants me a different date!

Comments

Popular Posts