Pink is my new hero

For all the feminists out there--run, don't walk, to see Pink's new video, "Stupid Girls."

I didn't listen all that closely to the lyrics, but the pictures in the video was enough--she made fun of every pop starlet in the news these days. Your know the ones--the entertainment tabloids always seem to be vomiting up their photos: Paris Hilton, Jessica Simpson, the Olsen twins. A parody of Desperate Housewife Colette Sheridan even makes an appearance.

I wish that more mainstream pop singers had as much chutzpah as she seems to have.

Comments

Josh said…
Why would I run? I'm already at a place where I can see the video.
dl004d said…
Well, click the list faster, then.
Anonymous said…
I have to agree with the ham here. I must admit I liked her portrayal of MK Olsen though...the girl has some ridiculous outfits...
Grand Marnier said…
You people all have short memories. This is not the first song in which Pink lambasts Hollywood and the part of American culture obsessed with the latest pop star. Unfortunately I can't remember the name of that song at the moment, but I will find it for all you nay-sayers out there.
Anonymous said…
is it anti-feminist to be obsessed with the latest pop star?
:)
Tracy said…
Did you see that you are one step ahead of Oprah?!? She had pink on to discuss her song and what the lack of positive female role models that are not dummed down, commercialized media whores, etc.
Way to beat Oprah to the punch, Marnie- maybe she's reading your blog...
Grand Marnier said…
I know! I forgot to record Oprah's show. I am not a big fan, but it still would have been cool to see that interview...

Popular Posts