Rush Hour?

I take the Metro to school four days a week. Most days, I take it at a different time (6:15 am, 9:30 am, 8:15 am), and most days I am amazed at the ridership numbers. Besides me and my classmates who are the people that take it at 6:15 am? Where are they going? What kind of jobs are they going to? (Many people ride that early!). At 9:45 am--who are all these people? They look like they are going to work, but who starts work that late? It is really crowded at that time of day.

I can thank David, ever the champion of public transportation, for teaching me to notice these things.

Comments

dl004d said…
For the 9:45 a.m. crowd, perhaps they're on their way to the office from their working breakfast.
Anonymous said…
I love metro people-watching. Interestingly there's also a lot of people on the metro mid-day, like if I have a meeting downtown, there's lots of people having working lunches/meetings alllll day. I guess instead of the city that never sleeps it's the city that has meetings all day.
I think actually there's a lot of flex time in the government, too.

Popular Posts